Thursday, April 23, 2009

2."The Results"

So there he stood as our mouths were almost to the floor! Then he said, we're going to go on with the surgery the lymph nodes were negative for cancer! We all burst into tears. Relieved that it had not spread. Though we don't know the exact results and findings yet at least Finally this was a step forward and not back.
Now it was time to sit and wait again not knowing what would happen for the next 4 hours. The time seemed to move quickly at first, until the time came that it was supposed to be over. Soon it turned into 4 and 1/2 hours and then 5 until finally the Dr. came out, it's over and he did well during surgery. He told us that the mass in his lung was 3.4 cm and that the lymph nodes inside the lung surrounding the tumor were also infected with cancer. He then proceeded to say that it looks like stage 2 or 3 and that further testing is needed to know for sure but,.... he thinks he got it all! Now it's time for him to recover and then to go home until it's time for further treatment.
I have to say that this whole thing is like one huge nightmare and I just keep thinking that I will wake up and we'll be back to our everyday lives. We've never had money but we've always had each other! It's so strange how things change in an instant. I always tell my children that you need to appreciate what you have and not what you COULD have or want. Life is precious and we only get one. In the end all of the material stuff won't matter you can't take it with you anyways. But all of that being said I myself am just as guilty for taking things for granted. My husband worked 2 jobs, 1 full time 1 part time just so that we could make ends meet and so that I could stay home and take care of our 4 year old. He's always taken care of us! Now it's time for me to take care of him!
So that's all for now I'm exhausted and tomorrow will be another long day with more of the unknown to come out. Good night and God Bless!

3 comments:

ronswife said...

Lee; "YES" LIFE IS TRUELY A GIFT AND EVERYDAY THAT YOU WAKE UP YOU SHOULD CHERISH IT!, That being said no one said that it would be easy , but no one said it would be this hard either. I myself went through a really rough time as well, all I can say is that please know that none of you are alone and stay strong knowing that if you ever need me I will always be there. WE LOVE YOU ALL.

Anonymous said...

This is his mother and I ask that everyone of you to say a small prayer for my son. Just so we can have him for a much longer time

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree that every day is a gift. I learned at a young age that life is way to short. Live your life like every day is the last. For those of you who do not know me I am Lee's sister in law and Keith youngest sister. I love you all as well. I am here for you and support you as we all battle this together. Time for the family to come together for each other. If you need ANYTHING at all. Please call me any time of the day. We love you all as well!!!!

Love and God Bless
Kim